I've heard of Braxton Hick contractions. It's a way your body practices contracting the uterus from early on in the pregnancy. I had read all about it but I still didn't realize ('til yesterday) that I was experiencing them. There are so many new things going on that's its hard to pinpoint what's normal and what's not so I call my Doctor for almost anything. That's what they ask you do so I follow instructions... : )
BH contractions make your entire middle area really hard like a bowling bowl and it makes it hard to breath for the duration. It also makes you feel a little dizzy and tired. I've been feeling these things for a while but I thought it was the baby moving or some other pregnancy-related discomfort. The good news is that my body is getting ready for labor. Hopefully my uterus will know what to do when the time comes. In the mean time, I just need to lay down and drink water when I feel one of these little contractions come along.
Just 3 more months!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment