Sunday, April 30, 2006

This and that...

The weather around here last month was aweful. We all thought the rain would never stop but it did and the warm temperatures are finally here. The problem is that I didn't know how uncomfortable it would be to be pregnant and hot! It's not too bad yet but I can see how the next few weeks could get a little rough if the temps keep going up. I'll have to find some creative ways to stay cool and fresh.

On a separate note, I am now done with my job. My last day was Friday and my co-workers took me out to a nice celebration/farewell lunch. Jim still works there and I know I will see most people so it wasn't too emotional, just exhausting. I was happy to get home and relax. It still hasn't hit me that I will not have work on Monday. I do have my week quite planned out so I am hoping that makes the transition a bit easier.

SO, it could be as soon as 4 or 5 more weeks before Lucy arrives if she decides to arrive early. Most likely I will be waiting for her well into June but no need to be negative. My mom said both her babies arrived 3 weeks early so I keep hoping that will be the case with this pregancy. We shall see.... I wouldn't mind being pregnant for the full 40 weeks or even a week or two more as far as the physical part is concerned; I am just anxious to meet my little girl! I just can't wait to see her face and hold her.

Ooh, I took some pictures yesterday. I'll share them as soon as I get them off the camera. My belly keeps growing. Yesterday it measured at 39.5" round. I just can't believe my skin keeps stretching like that! Haven't seen any stretch marks yet but I hear they usually come out in the last few weeks so that's a possibility. I really hope not!!

No comments: