Friday, June 23, 2006

5 Day Update

SO, our baby girl is 5 days old Today. We had her first pediatrician apt. yesterday and all looks well. Since birth she has lost 7 ounces but that's normal. He thinks her weight has stabilized and that she will be gaining about an ounce a day from now on. My milk came in yesterday and she's been nursing well which is a great relief. She has the correct amount of soiled and wet diapers and they look like they are supposed to. Can you believe there is a table explaining in detail what the color, consistency and smell of the poop should be at Day 1, Day 2, etc. Yup!

What else... her sleeping habits are all over the place right now. If we get in enough good naps during the day then we have a good night where she only wakes up once to feed. Yesterday was not one of those days since we were out and about at the Dr.'s appointment then to lunch and to Babies 'R Us. She slept in the car seat but apparently it wasn't long enough and we paid for it at night. She is a good baby though and I think she does really well with a structured day. Things are still changing daily of course so we'll see how it all works out in the next few weeks.

Jim and I are hanging in there. It truly is team work. We have both gotten about 6 to 7 hours of sleep (broken up) per day which is not too bad. I've been doing the feedings and he burps, changes diapers, soothes her to sleep and anything else that might come up. He's totally hands on, I'm very pleasantly suprised! I think I've changed 2 diapers since she's been born. Things will change though, he goes back to work on Monday. Wish me luck!

Ok, that's all for now. I'll check in again later this weekend. Jim's parents and sister get here tonight. I'm so excited for them to see her!

Couple of pictures...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!
Lucy is beautiful, just like her momma!!! I am so excited. I can't wait to meet her:) Tell her that her personal trainer is thinking about her workout!

Tiffany