Monday, August 28, 2006

2 1/2 Months Update

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, there's been a lot going on around here.

Lucy is now 12 pounds of absolute cuteness, she smiles all the time and loves her little toys. She's lost her hair on the sides of her head so she looks like she has a mohawk, it's funny. We still haven't gotten a good smile on camera but we are thinking we are just going to video it and share that instead.

We are going on our first trip this week. We are flying to Las Vegas to visit with family. I'm excited and a bit nervous about having her away from her element. It's scary how much I actually depend on all my baby gear (swing, bouncer, activity mat,etc.) on a daily basis. I'm hoping things work out even though we'll be away from all those things. I'm just taking the absolute necessities 'cause I anticipate that traveling with an infant plus a lot of bags can be challenging. We'll see... I'll let you guys know how it goes when we get back.

SO, the Dodgers lost that game last Friday but Jim and Lucy had fun bonding over there matching LA gear. Here's a cute picture of them...



It's been cooling off quite a bit around here so I've been putting Lucy on her long sleeve jammies. Babies look so cute in pajamas!!





Talking about jammies, her sleep has finally taken a turn for the better (knock on wood). She slept through the night for the first time last week and then repeated it for three nights in a row. The first time was 11pm to 9am and two nights ago she slept from 7pm to 7am. It's wonderful but it's still early so I'm sure things will change around until she settles into a permanent sleep routine. It's nice for us to get those extra hours of sleep. We are starting to feel a bit more back to normal now that we are more rested. We are even considering getting a babysitter for the first time to go take a gourmet cooking class we've been wanting to take for a while. They offer the classes here locally and it's just 3 hours on one night. That will be our version of a first date after having the baby.

Well, that's all for now. I promise to post more often even if it's just to share some recent pictures.

No comments: