Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!

A new year, woohoo!! We received it in style in our warm home, sleeping like babies!

I woke up energized with the eagerness to start fresh and make resolutions for this New Year but thankfully I resisted the temptation and just went about my morning knowing that God is in control and whatever comes our way this year will be wonderful 'cause that's how much He loves us!

I'd love to summarize our year and share with you all the exciting activities and trips we did but the truth is this year was more about "learning" than "doing" for me. Here's what God thought me this year...

- He is in control - This one was hard for me to REALLY get since I'm such a planner. I make lists and timelines. I don't like surprises. I had my life on a spreadsheet at some point. Yes, people, that's me! Don't act like you were surprised! But, I actually got it and since I've been living my life according to that truth. I do have free will to do my own thing and go against God's plan for me but who wants to do that!! His plan for me is PERFECT, way better than something I could come up with on my own. I keep hearing Him tell me... "be still and know that I am God". I'm working on that "be still" part! :)

- He gives us peace that transcends all understanding - Even amongst the reality of death, He can give us peace and turn our mourning into dancing. Really! I experienced this firsthand this year. Completely illogical peace! Peace where there wasn't supposed to be any.

- He NEVER gives us suffering, decease or death - I was always under the impression that the trials in my life came from God and were intended to teach me something, to make me stronger, to mature me. It was so liberating and gave me so much closure to know that my Father did not give Jim cancer or caused all my miscarriages, or caused a newborn baby to die after just one hour of life. The darkness doesn't come from Him, just the light. He makes those bad dark things work for good for those of us who love Him.

- I am called not only to share the gospel but also to pray for the ill and cast out demons - Pretty weird stuff but I've been fascinated by what the Bible has to say about this and I intend to conquer my fears of this and go and pray for the ill with the conviction that God gave us all the power to heal. So, call me if you are not feeling good! :) I'm happy to pray for you.

My prayer for this year is that God would continue to work on me and my family, that He will bring us closer and closer to Him, and that His work on us may bear good fruit.

Here are a few pics from the last few weeks. I know that's what you came here to see! Enjoy!







post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome! God is teaching you so much... I LOVE it =)

Jenny

. said...

So good to see you back on here. Lucy is getting so cute, we miss seeing her at church. Dani needs her little pal to play with.

Kim said...

What a great post!! Right there with you on giving up control, sister... Let's stir each other up to TRUST GOD! Can't wait till the bible study starts :)