Thursday, January 17, 2008

Last Test!!!

Today I had the very last of many many tests ordered by my Doctor after this last miscarriage. The test was an HSG which is an x-ray of the uterus/fallopian tubes/ovaries after dye has been injected to see if there is any blockage, fibroids, tumors or anything along those lines. The test was a bit uncomfortable but I'm happy it's over and even happier to report that everything was normal and healthy. Hooray! (like Lucy would say)

Results for some of the other tests showed a genetic condition that causes my blood to clot easily which is what the doctors think has caused my miscarriages. The problem is a little scary since it can also cause heart failure but the good news is that I can take medicine (a blood thinner) to solve the problem. I've been taking it for close to a month now and will take it for the rest of my life unless the problem goes away.

I feel so blessed to have such good medical care and insurance and pray that my next pregnancy will be successful. We would love to have more little people running around in this household! :)

Off to bed... I will post about the rest of my birthday celebrations and pictures tomorrow. Night night...

No comments: