I've tried everything I can think of to stop Lucy from displaying her art all over the house and now I'm down to taping up giant coloring sheets and letting her draw on those. She does OK staying on the page, not great, just OK. Thank God for those magic erasers and touch up paint! How long before they learn the virtue of staying within the lines? :) Wishful thinking, I know.


The only other thing I can think of is buying an easel but I'm hesitant... do kids actually use those or will it just be another big toy taking space in my living room? Does it provide the same pleasure as writing on a wall? :)

3 comments:
I put my son in the high chair to color that way he can't disappear with a crayon. Not as fun as writing on walls, but it has kept the mess to the easily cleanable tray.
Leslie
I take the pens, crayons, pencils, whatever, away as soon as the marks start straying from the paper. Cameron knows that we only color/draw on paper.
How about trying some of that chalkboard paint and give her one wall that she can write on? Just a suggestion...
Love,
E
Post a Comment