Tuesday, November 18, 2008

DUUUURTY!

Most of you know that I am a bit of an obsessive compulsive when it comes to keeping things cleaned and organized but I have to say I've come a long way since I became a parent.  I try not to spend any time I have with Lucy worrying about the house but somehow the little girl has picked up some of my habits... either that or maybe it's just on her DNA.  
She looks at a picture and can identify Daddy, Mommy, Lucy and the dirt on the floor.  She yells the second something "duurty" touches her and walks around telling me where there is a "mess" that needs my attention.  It's unbelievable!

I don't know what to say...I want more for her than to be obsessed with everything that needs cleaning so I'm trying hard not to laugh and encourage this worry she has about dirt but it makes me wonder if this was a learned behavior or if there's something genetic that predesposes us Payne/O'Farrill girls to this.   One of my first memories is crying over the sand that was touching my toes the first time my Mom took me to the beach when I was a toddler.  I needed to be cleaned immediately!!!  Unfortunately, not much has changed since then...

1 comment:

JDM said...

I can so relate to this post! I can't even count how many times a day I hear, "Clean it mom!" and "Icky...look mom!" It's amazing how they have such strong tendencies at a young age. And yes, they watch everything we do too :)

It's been fun getting to know your family via your blog. Lucy is super cute! How wonderful to have another little girl on the way!