1. I am truly, deeply, desperately in love with Jesus. Huge crush, can't stop thinking about Him!
2. Didn't see that (#1) coming, He sneaked up on me
3. I didn't really know Him until just three years ago (2005)
4. I could watch the movie The American President every week if you let me
5. I'm addicted to reading and studying the Bible
6. I used to be addicted to working out
7. I used to be a perpetual dieter
8. I really dig math and can't wait 'til my kids are taking calculus so I can jump right back into it
9. I have a love/hate thing with natural childbirth - a little more love than hate when I'm not pregnant
10. I really wish I could be fashionable and trendy but comfort wins every time with me
11. I've seen a positive on a pregnancy test six different times in my life... only one baby to show for it and hopefully one more this spring
12. I can't remember the last time I wore lipstick - seriously, I need help in this department!
13. I use a chart I printed from the Internet every time I need to apply eye shadow (that's like 10 times a year) - again, help!
14. I can't sleep with any clothing other than undies - you'd think I'm all frisky but again it boils down to comfort
15. I'm pretty sure I can't properly swim even though I grew up in an island
16. I weigh myself every morning and I consider this a healthy habit
17. I don't take drugs, not even Advil for headaches, don't really know why
18. I got married in Vegas on a whim and by God's grace my marriage made it through that crazy decision
19. I'm a compulsive researcher - I read consumer reviews before I purchase ANYTHING
20. I am NOT a feminist but I am SO SO thankful that I was born a girl.
21. I sometimes feel sad for men 'cause they'll never know what it feels like to grow a life inside and give birth
22. I've lived in many places but I've felt the most at home in Asheville, North Carolina
23. I consider myself antisocial and a big time introvert but most people would not say that about me
24. I have to talk myself into leaving the house. I'm a hopeless homebuddy and love to be in my nest better than anywhere else.
25. I don't remember a day when I've gone without breakfast. I wake up eager and ready to eat... sometimes I even have dreams about orange juice.
26. I can't watch anything violent or cruel before bed without having nightmares about it.
27. If I would have chosen the major of my dreams, I would have studied spanish literature but I sold my soul for money
28. I have an engineering degree but you would never guess that based on my technological abilities (not the computer kind, the hands on kind)
Ok, now YOU tell me something random about you... C'mmon, there's about 50 of you friends that read my blog every day. How come I only see comments from a few? Dont' be shy, this is a friendly place :)
14 comments:
ok...I will be the first one :-) Rwo random things about me: 1) I love breakfast too, specially french toast and I need to have my cafe con leche every morning. 2) I studied engineering but I also wished I would have done Theater, which I studied in High School.
Ivonne, theater, really? Very interesting, would have never guessed that!
I like this game! Who's next?
Okay me next... my great great great grandma was a Native American "Princess" called a Ghighau, or Beloved Woman of the Cherokee... and my favorite food of all time is gummy worms :)
Leslie
Leslie, are you serious? You need to advertise that more - it's a great heritage!
I've never had a gummy bear in my life... am I missing something good?
Ok, next!!! I'm seriously learning so much about you guys!
I learned to talk like Donald Duck when I was 3. When my parents would get made at me and I would only talk in Donal Duck to them. I was such a brat.....to this day they still call me Duck. There you have it my random fact.
that's hilarious Alison! I can see that.. you still have that fire in you. I can see it in Dani too.
Lucy meows like a cat when I'm trying to discipline her... wonder what that means! :)
#8 makes me wonder how we are friends
#13 is adorable and made me laugh
#23 I wouldn't have known
#26 ditto
About me:
I once worked at the mall over Christmas engraving initials into British Sterling cologne bottles
When I was little I wanted to be a scientist and find a cure for cancer
It's a huge peeve when someone says they made a 360 degree change in their life because that just means they're right back where they started. It's 180 people!
I was a Miss T.E.E.N. contestant and won Miss Photogenic and Miss Congeniality (yes, like the movie)
I have a Mass Communications degree because I wanted to be a broadcast journalist... until I interned at channel 7 and changed my mind.
I am SO NOT surprised about the Miss T.E.E.N competition!! but the scientist and the cure for cancer.... that's another story ;)
just getting caught up on your blog, sister! I think you should go back to school (when your kids are a little older) and get that Spanish Literature degree, serious:)
facts about me...I had to think, but I know my list would be long, so here are a few:
1. I wanted to be an attorney for IBM when I was little (I wanted to work where my dad did).
2. I had NO IDEA what I wanted to do in college and just sort of picked a business degree...
3. I have a real creative side to me (but I am very impatient) and still think my true calling lies in doing something creative and as an entrepreneur of that passion...
4. last, my brother still has no idea how much I look up to him and brag about him all the time!
xoxo,
Jen
Jenn, I can tell you miss your brother. I pray you guys are reunited someday.
Darren said I forgot to add that sometimes my nose whistles when I'm falling asleep. LOL!
Sometimes?! ;-)
Jenny
I don't see Jim and I as not being united! Of course we have our own relationship that you might interpret a certain way, but we definitely know we love each other and enjoy being around each other...:) that makes me happy and smile. but, yes, I do miss him since we don't live close!
Jen
Jen, I confused you with Jenn... another friend. Sorry! You have to get a profile on blogger so I know who you are when you leave a comment :)
Post a Comment