Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Resolutions

Happy New Year my friends!  We had a lovely time with friends and neighbors, food and fireworks, and the excitement of having received baby Faith Rogers in the last few days.  We keep going to her blog to see the latest pictures, can't get enough of her!!  Oh, and I talked to Kristen yesterday and she told me all about Ronin and how well he is doing.   What a blessing for us to start the year with two healthy babies in our family of friends.  I guess we are next and we are getting more and more excited as the weeks draw near.  I'm big and having tons of ache and pains... sometimes I complain about them, other times I just take it all in and enjoy the time she and I have left so close together.   9 weeks will be gone before I know it...

SO, as far as New Year's Resolutions (because what kind of blogger would I be if I don't share).... I didn't have any major ideas up until a few weeks ago when two of my favorite bloggies (Beth Moore and Angie Smith) invited their readers to memorize some bible verses with them.  I have to admit that although I enjoy reading/studying the Bible I haven't been so much into memorizing verses.  I guess Catholic elementary school growing up scarred me with their mandatory Bible verse memorization.  I like that now I can pray for God to point me to verses that I need to hide in my heart so that I can use them day to day when the need comes up.  No one is forcing me... the desire is coming from deep in my heart.    I started this a few weeks ago and the two passages that I've memorized have already come in handy.  Fear and worry tend to sneak up in my life so easily; now I have a tool to fight that by repeating the handy verses I memorized over and over until I feel peace.  

Other than that, no other fancy resolutions... just want to have a baby and survive my first year as a mother of two. 
What about you guys?  Any resolutions for this New Year?
Happy 2009!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't picture you "Big" cuz even in those last weeks with Lucy you were adorable and more basketball-ish-all-baby than big. And I remember you bounced back to your old shape in what seemed like two weeks! You'll have to post new pics. :) You will thrive as a mom of two- like I told Kim it just takes a couple weeks of no sleep and soup for dinner to work out the new kinks. Then it's like second nature and so much fun!~L

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the new Payne baby!!! Happy New Year you guys! Lots of love from CA!

jem's mom said...

I have 3 resolutions this year. First of all, sleep. As the housework, computer... can wait. I get really grumpy when I don't get enough rest. Secondly, cook healthier meals. I often make quick fix meals and this year I would like to spend a little more time providing more nutritious meals for my family. And third, to study the gospel of Mark (prepare for Sunday's readings).