Thursday, February 26, 2009

24 hours later plus more pictures...

* place cursor over photo for captions

We woke up at home this morning after less than 24 hours of having our new baby girl  and it's been so cool.  I'm cuddling with Lulu watching cartoons while Jenna and Jim take a little nap together.  We are so thankful for the awesome day we had yesterday.  I will write a birth story once my midwife shares copies of the records she kept during labor but for now I will share that we had a truly blessed experience.  I prayed so hard to feel God's presence in our home while things were happening and that's exactly what I felt throughout the entire process. 

Some quick stats about my labor and her birth... active labor started around 2am and ended in her birth at 9:45; another 30 minutes or so for me to deliver placenta (roughly 10 hours - I prayed for less than 12! :).  We were all surprised by her weight (8 pounds 6 ounces) as she didn't look that big.  Her length was 21".  She's a strong and very intuitive nurser and most everyone that has seen her says she resembles Jim more than any other member in our family.

She was welcomed by a houseful of our AWESOME neighbor/friend gals who spent the morning playing with and taking care of Lucy and bringing/setting up platters of food and drinks for everyone to enjoy together.  It was such a party and we have a couple of hundred pictures to prove it.  We even nearly broke the bed when we all got in to cuddle and enjoy  Jenna.  

Will add pics to this post later as we have an infinite amount of them thanks to our rocking photographer/neighbor and friend, Sonia.

Mommy to girls,
Danaly

6 comments:

. said...

I can't wait to hear all the details and see more pictures. Sounds like God gave you the delivery and the daughter you had prayed for all this time. What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, wonderful and blessed experience! Thanks for sharing it!

Unknown said...

Aw Danaly, what a great memory!! Congrats to you and your family!! Great web page! and Jenna is beautiful!! You did great!! God Bless.

Kim said...

I'm so happy that the three of us all had amazing birth experiences - God is so good!!!! Can't wait to see the most recent pics - they change so much in just a day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing sis! love u and Jenna is beautiful!

A2 Garcia said...

Congratulations on the birth of Jenna! I have been getting updates from Jennifer and I'm so excited for you guys! Enjoy her!!