Sunday, February 8, 2009

My MAC experience

So, a lot of you my friends have known this for a very long time now but I just discovered it. These MAC makeup people do know what they are doing, don't they!?  I had my maternity photo shoot yesterday (tons of fun, btw) and considering my purple lip issue and all I decided to call the MAC counter at my local mall and setup an apt for a makeover.  I have to say I was very nervous and highly intimidated.   I haven't seen anything but bright bold colors and designs on those ladies eyes and although that wasn't the look I was going for I've been assured by several of you that MAC is the way to go as far as makeup, so I took the plunge.

Well, I sat down and pretty blonde with tattoos all over her arms and pink and green eye shadow asked me what look I was going for.   I was determined to get my way and not give into their suggestions 'cause the photo shoot was only an hour away and I wouldn't have time to wash my face and re-do my makeup all by myself.  SO, I told her I wanted to look pretty, not funky, and above all else I wanted to hide the purple lip.  She took a look at my face and within a minute came back with all the supplies she would need.  She explained everything she was doing and I tried hard to memorize but she was going too fast.  She said I could come back with pen and paper another day and she would go over it again with me.  The results were great! The products were awesome and I ended up using $150 worth of gift cards I had towards their fabulous tinted lip gloss, their translucent powder, their full coverage foundation and their "magic" brush.    The stuff is expensive but it works... if you know how to put it on.  Now that's my challenge...  My next purchase will hopefully be the eye shadows she used on me.  They were beautiful and stayed on ALL day!   I walked out of there feeling like a super model with a huge belly.  The only adjustment I did to her creation was clean up some of the eye liner she put on my bottom lid.... a bit too much of the smokey look.    See, I even have the lingo down! ;)

I asked Jim what he thought of the makeup and he said I looked like a "Texan girl".  I asked him if that was good or bad and he said great but not for every day.   My thoughts exactly...
 

3 comments:

. said...

ok so where are the pics of your Texan Look.....

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics. MAC is the best!!!

Danaly said...

Sent you both some of the pics on email. Can't put them on the blog after all... a bit too much skin showing. - D.