Monday, March 23, 2009

Take two...

I apologize to those of you who are faithful readers for leaving you hangin' for so long without an update.  The thing is that I keep holding off for some good pictures to post but I just realized it might never happen so words will have to do for now.  

As exciting as these last month has been it's gone mostly undocumented.  I'm pretty sure we already had a good 500 pictures of Lucy by the time she was 4 weeks old.  I am sorry to say we are lucky if we have 15 pictures of Jenna right now.  Very sad...  don't even know where the camera is...  

SO, life with two kids... so very cool at times, so very frustrating at times.   We've been out and about tons and when the kids are both behaving and happy, it's bliss!  We look back unto their carseats and look at each other smiling and thinking things could not be better.  Other times, Lucy is yelling "coffee, chocolate!!!"  the only two things she will eat lately (and by coffee she means hot cocoa) while Jenna screams bloody murder 'cause her diaper is dirty for the 9th time in the last hour.  We go back and forth trying to figure out who to help first totally exasperated and tired, not really sure if things will ever get easier.  We'll make it, I know! :)

Jenna is a sweet sweet baby.  Newborn Lucy was sweet as well but a different kind of sweet. Not as laid back and go with the flow as Jenna.  We are not counting our chickens just yet but is it possible we got two good/easy kids?! :)  I guess we have a ways to go before making that call but so far so good.  This time around we are doing some things differently and you'd think the experience we have under our belts would keep us from second guessing ourselves but nope. There's tons of second guessing and hoping that the route we are taking this time will work also. 

You all know I'm a big into books, structures, routines, etc.  We did it all with Lucy and she started sleeping through the night by the time she was 12 weeks, she continued her great naps and awesome routines all through infancy and toddlerhood so far.  It could have been her good nature, not necessarily our doing but we like to take a little credit for it.  SO, the whole sleep/routine thing worked well before and I have a sneaking suspicion it would work out great with Jenna as well but we are not doing it this time.  Jenna is getting held, cuddled and "spoiled" like there's no tomorrow.  I keep thinking Today is the day I will start the routines but the truth is - I don't want to!  She is sleeping in my bed next to me and I love turning around and seeing her there.  She nurses every two hours and that's not conducive to good sleep for us but somehow (overall) the sleep depravation is not bothering me as much as it did with Lucy... probably 'cause I KNOW it will end at some point.  

I can not say this about my previous experience the early weeks but I am truly drunken silly by this new child... I can NOT stop starring at her, can not stop kissing and holding her.  Lucy was love at first sight just like Jenna was but with that love also came stress, insecurities, baby blues, etc.  I'm thankful for how things are going now... I wonder if that's what everyone refers to when they say the 2nd time is easier and things come out much more naturally... 'cause my experience nursing and mothering the first time around was everything BUT "natural". 

Better go... Lucy's at MDO and Jenna is napping and should be doing something other than computerizing. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear things are going so well... it will keep getting easier. You are great, don't doubt it!~leslie

Keshia said...

Glad to read an update. You know I've been addicted to your blog for the past two years;-) I think you're doing great. I have friends/family who had kids close together and it will definitely get easier in time.