** UPDATED WITH PICS **
Sometimes I feel like I have three children. Just got back from dropping Lulu off at MDO to find empty bags of Easter candy eaten by my dog. I'm actually hoping he gets sick from all that chocolate so he learns a lesson. Unfortunately, I think his long term memory is non-existent and most likely he doesn't remember what he did 2 seconds ago. I guess another trip to Target must be made. Good thing he caught me in a good mood as I had just stopped at McDonalds for my morning latte. That's right! McD's now has espresso drinks, did y'all know that?! I feel like the last person in the planet to find out. It wouldn't be such an amazing discovery if I had a Starbucks in town but since I don't and I've gone over 9 months (since we moved here) without my routine beverage fix, this has brought me so much joy I could jump up and down... but I won't 'cause I don't have that kind of energy.
I normally run all around town taking care of errands while Lucy is at school but Today I'm home attacking the laundry beast I've been living with. I tell ya, it's got a life of its own and it seems to grow by the minute. I'm on my 4th load so I'm quite proud of myself but I'm not claiming victory until its all folded and put away as the tendency to leave clean laundry in the basket usually overtakes me.
What else? Oh, we are building a gate between our neighbors backyard and our backyard, isn't that cool? Our kids spend all their time together so we thought it would be convenient to merge our yards via a gate. Have I told you guys that our neighbors rock the world? Seriously, we've been blessed big time! It's so nice to really connect with the people you live around especially since we don't have family in town. It's always taken us a good year to really feel at home in a new town, to make friends, get acquainted with the area, etc. I feel like it's happen a lot sooner this time around and I'm thankful for that especially considering I've been a hermit most of the last year.
This spring season truly feels to me like a season of blossoming for our family, like a revival of some kind. I can't lie, I am tired often and I could use more "me" time than what I'm getting but things are good, really good. I woke up this morning to find Jenna's face right on my face (she sleeps in our bed) and I had a little explosion of joy in my heart as I know these sweet moments will not last forever.
So that's that... stay tuned for pictures from the last couple of days and the days to come as we are having the Slaviks over for Easter all the way from California. It should be an awesome weekend!
BTW, little baby girl is 6 weeks Today, isn't that wild!!! Give it up for successful breastfeeding for 6 weeks! :) Gotta celebrate every little victory.
Jenna at 6 weeks

Check out her beer belly!

The Payne girls...


More Jenna...

My Jimbo who won the Hawaiian shirt contest at work Today...


8 comments:
Sounds like you guys are doing fantastic. Glad to hear it. And way to go with the nursing!
BTW, your a creative writer. I enjoy reading your clever was of saying things.
I agree, you sound wonderful. And I enjoy reading your blog the wording is so full of life. I feel as if you are just talking and not writing.
Looking foward to pictures!!!
Well, thank you girls! I consider that a true compliment since English is not my first language and I've always had a little complex about my ability to communicate in English. Glad you enjoy my babbling! ;)
I am so happy that the nursing thing is working out. I know how much it means to you. And yes, soak up those moments. They do rush by too quickly.
I too, am great at washing, drying, and folding laundry. And then I am left with piles of clean, folded laundry.
You go Milk Mama! :-)
What a beautiful little face to wake up to!!! So glad things are going well for you :) even though I miss you tons!
Que chulas las nenas...Dios mio!
Jim, Jim, Jim, we need to talk about that Hawaiian shirt!!! But, the girls look PERFECT!!! Love y'all!!--Your sis and Titi to the little ones
Post a Comment