Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

I hope everyone had a blessed day yesterday.  Easter has become one of my most favorite Holy-days since I became a Mom... not only 'cause I enjoy watching the kids dig into their chocolate treats but because as a parent I now understand the immensity of God's sacrifice for my sake.  I can't imagine willingly letting either of my girls be tortured, ridiculed and killed to save someone else.  I am so thankful.

In the last couple of years we have made it a point to make Easter the one Holiday we go all out for.  I'm not one to host a lot of gatherings but I am making it a point to open the doors of my house for Easter and invite friends, neighbors and anyone who might not have a place to go and celebrate.  While last year we had a lot more people, this year was just as special since we had our friends, the Slaviks, over from California.  We also had over our neighbors the Deebs and we all enjoyed a ribs dinner that Jim prepared after a very cool Easter musical production at church.  I had no idea so many people in our congregation could sing... like, really sing!  It was awesome.

Little Ms. Lucy had a choice between 4 different Easter dresses  (yes, F O U R!). Three of them provided by her two grandmothers and her great-aunt and then one other that I bought at Old Navy.  I was beaming when she picked out the one I got her when asked what she wanted to wear.  She looked darling and since it was a special day I opted for pig tails instead of her standard do.  She even let me fix her hair complete with flower clip all with minimum complaining, a miracle in itself!  I think she could tell Mommy was feeling needy that day. 

Little Jenna was cute as well wearing Lucy's first Easter dress.  I didn't get a picture of her but take my word for it - she was beautiful!  Never mind the dress was size 3-6 months and she's only 6 weeks.  I tell ya, my children are so complacent!  Looks like she grew big on time just to fit on that number!  It was just right on her and better yet, it was free!  



Here are the girls (all 7 of our children) opening their Easter baskets.  Oh look, I'm even on the picture!  I believe that's the first picture of me you get to see since the pregger days. Not on purpose... I promise.

Lucy and Madi loving each other!!  Check out the pic of the two of them last year below... Oh and the sweet princess on the left is Mikenna, Madi's little sis.

Easter 2008


And all this, my friends, because of Jesus!

1 comment:

jem's mom said...

Lucy is getting to be such a big girl. What a pretty dress.