Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Talk...

Ok, so don't accuse me of not posting photos 'cause the last 3 or 4 posts have been nothing but photos of the two cutie petuties. I hear ya, still no pictures of me but I promise it's not 'cause I don't want to show myself it's just that no one other than me and Lucy will take pictures in this household and I'm not resorting to photographing myself in front of the mirror. That only works when you are pregnant and pregnant, I AM NOT.

SO, unto another subject, June has been hectic and a bit emotional for me. Our tenants in our California house are moving out in an attempt to decrease their commute to work (I don't blame them) so I was left with the task of finding new tenants. A less controlling person would relinquish this to a rental management company but I just can't seem to do it. Not only 'cause I don't want to pay for something I can do myself but also because I need to have my hands on every aspect of finding the family that will occupy that house. There is just something about that house. So many sweet memories, such good times...

Anyway, long story short, the process was full of ups and downs and tons of time on my knees praying for God to send me the perfect family and to do it quick 'cause "LORD, you know I'm on a schedule". As usual, He came through and although I did have to spend (waste) some time screening/dealing with close to a dozen families, I found what seems to be a lovely military family that met all my criteria.

How do I know I found who God intended me to find? Well, I'm learning to decipher how He works with me these days. He knows I need things crystal clear so he gave me many many clues as I met this family but one was quite cool. Most people don't know that although raised in Puerto Rico, I was born in a tiny little Texas town called Killeen. I was only there for a few months as my parents (who were in a military base there at the time) relocated to their hometown in Puerto Rico. SO, guess where this family is moving from.... Killeen, Texas!

I don't think I even mentioned this to my tenants-to-be 'cause I didn't want them to think I was weird... "Where are you from?, Killeen, TX.... OH, Really? Me too!!" I mean, what are the chances?

So that's that... and already lost momentum to share all the other things that have made June hectic so I'll leave it for another post.

On a last random note, we are acquiring the family piano and we are (and by we, I mean I am) so excited. It's been passed down/across different family members and I guess now it's our turn! I've always had this dream of one of our children playing the piano while the other(s) sing worship songs and Christmas carols... I know, C O R N B A L L! BUT this cornball might just get her dream ;)

Ok, I'll leave you with a picture of little Jim, I mean Jenna. What do you think, does this kid look like her Daddy or what? She's even serious like him.

Happy Friday peeps!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Glad to hear that you got new tenants and that all is going well. So cool about the piano!

Leslie said...

Just realized my name got jumbled on my blog profile thingy. I fixed it, but just in case you were wondering, I left the last comment. :)

Ivonne said...

you are too funny!
Hi Jenna! You are growing fast! love ya ladies!

The Waltenburgs said...

So cool about the tenant "coincidence." And yes, Jenna is such a mini-Jim, as Lucy is a mini-you. Can wait to see you all. Let's get our lady's/grown-up nights scheduled!