Thursday, July 23, 2009

My brain is mush, can't think of a title...

or where the summer has gone! I can't believe August starts next week! I hate to admit it but it hasn't been the greatest of summers so far. It's been busy, emotional and filled with adjustments but there's always the promise of fall, my favorite season and that's something to be peppy about!

This was the second week of Jenna's new lifestyle sleeping away from me. She's doing great and really thriving in every away. She is such a sweet little thing! I started her on rice cereal yesterday and we even got it all on video but I will not put you through that. You are welcomed! ;)

What else? Oh, I had a little breakdown yesterday as I washed, folded and put away a bin filled with newborn, 0-3 months and 3-6 months clothes away. You say, but Danaly, your baby is only 5 months old! Why would you put away 3-6 months clothes? Well, dear reader, that's because we grow them big in this family. The kid is in 9 months clothes. It's true. Also true is that I find it a little disturbing that I'm having such a hard time with milestones this time around. If you've been following me since Lucy's birth, you know that's not the Danaly we know and love.


I admit I was in a hurry for Lulu to grow up and leave behind that infant stage. Every milestone was celebrated not mourned. This time around everything I do is followed by the thought that it might be the last time I experience it and it makes me sad :( Grow up, you say... and I hear ya!

I blame it on breastfeeding! or hormones or those irresistible sweet cheeks, or those arm rolls... oh my, have you seen those arm rolls? Go take a looksie. Who can blame me?! I don't.

Lulu took this one :)

In another galaxy far far away, Lulu and I have been test driving homeschooling and it's been fun/scary, emphasis on scary. We worked on mastering the use of scissors and glue this week, be ready for some stories on that next week! She's totally into cutting things now. I even let her cut coupons off the newspaper shoppers yesterday and she did a decent job. I told her the other day that if she keeps it up her fine motor skills are going to win her a trophy or two one of these days. She seemed excited ;)

We cut things that start with "C"...


4 comments:

Ivonne said...

I can't believe Jenna is so big!! Oh my! Tell Lulu I love her cutting skills :-) Have a great weekend ladies! Love ya!

JeniseArlene said...

awww. I am the same way. I get so :-( when I put Jonathan's clothes away in a bin. It has gone so fast!
Glad I can follow ur blog now too! yeppeeee!!! :-)))

Unknown said...

me encanta la foto de Jenna contigo en la cama!! very cute and special! ;)

The Waltenburgs said...

Wow, not only does Lulu have cutting skills, but photography skills too! And I totally hear ya on the resistance to the milestones this time around.

Lovin the pre(home)school projects! Not only does it count as arts & crafts, English, but also home ec (coupon cutting!!).