Monday, August 3, 2009

Eventful Weekend

We had a very full weekend. Let's see if I can recap... I might even need to use bullet points for this one!
  • I got a haircut. It's shorter than it's been in a while, probably around shoulder length. My hair falls like crazy around month 5 postpartum and long hair just looks stringy and ugly not to mention short hair makes the Texas heat more bearable. Will post a picture here later Today so you can see me.
  • We woke up on Saturday morning and worked out! Yes, you heard right! I ran 3 miles and Jim rode 30 miles on his bike as part of his training to the MS150. It might not sound like much but let me tell you, it was. We've been slacking big time and it was time to get back on the ball.
  • Later that day, I got some back to school/fall clothes shopping done for Lulu since I had the Gap friends and family discount. I found the cutest wide leg dark wash jeans for her. They will look beyond darling with the also new rocket dog sneakers I got her at PiperLime with the same discount. I would totally wear that outfit myself and now I'm counting the days 'til Fall so I can see her in it. Thanks Ro!!
  • On Sunday, We became official members of our church, Crestwood Baptist. We've been attending for close to a year but we kept postponing the ceremonial walk to the front of the congregation during "invitation" (if you are baptist you know about this, if not I'll tell you later) to tell everyone that we wanted to be part of their family. I know it sounds a little weird but it was SO cool. They also have you stand at the exit of the church as everyone and I mean EVERYONE stops by to hug you and personally welcome you to the church. It's like a receiving line at a wedding. You get invitations for lunch and dinner that very same day, right on the spot, they ask you what they can be praying for you, they kiss your kids, they pour their love on you big time. It was very exciting!
  • We skipped the dinner pool party invitation in favor of some time at home so Jim could work on his car. He is almost done with the repairs he needed to do. I don't think I've shared that he bought a used/old 1984 BMW to use just for commuting purposes. It's so tiny and so red but it serves the purpose and he is having fun working on it.
  • Finally, we made a scrumptious dinner of beef kabobs and veggies and enjoyed the finale of the Food Network Star. Can't tell you how excited I am that Melissa won! The lady has 4 kids under 4 years old, an MBA, is a sorority girl, lists the Bible as one of her favorite books and during her free time volunteers at her local city counsel so YOU KNOW I was digging her from the get go. I'm dying to see her new show next week.
  • Oh, almost forgot that I made what felt like a few dozen paper puppets of the NiHao, Kailin characters with Lucy. The girl is all about scissors and glue, it's her new passion!
That's it... doesn't sound like much but it felt like we didn't sit down for a second in two days. Pictures soonish.

3 comments:

The Waltenburgs said...

-Can't wait to see yr new do.

-Loving those jeans!!

-I may just convert to Baptist just for the welcoming line. I don't even know what the difference in denominations is, but the ceremony sounds like fun, lol!

Peeveme said...

The ":invitation" sound wonderful. My church is nowhere near as welcoming...or maybe I'm just stand-off-ish. Can't decide. Probably both.

Old VW bugs always make me smile.

Also, I find the hair loss thing annoying but not nearly as annoying as when it all grows in at once and stands up striaght and there is nothing I can do about it.

JDM said...

That's too funny...I've had my eye on those Rocket Dogs @ Piperlime for 6 months now! Just waiting for Addie to outgrow her Airwalks and for us to be back in the States :) I'm also about to order some cute little black wedge sandals from Gap for her to wear to a wedding she's in this fall; I may have to grab a pair of those wide leg jeans while I'm at it ~ love em!