It all started with Brooke Elizabeth's birthday. Brooke is our next door neighbor and one of Lulu's sweetest friends. We got her a princess dress to match Lucy's and they both looked so precious I could have eaten them up!
Then there was the party at Queen B's... and this is where it gets a little scary for a Mommy who wants her little girl to stay a little girl forever... but if forever is not realistic then for as long as possible will do. Now, pardon me if this is popular knowledge but in case it's just a Texas thing let me explain what businesses like Queen B are all about (there are many like them around here). They take your sweet little girls, they give them a complete makeover (outfit, hair, nails, makeup), give them access to a leopard carpeted stage surrounded by mirrors and a microphone and let them loose to the tunes of popular songs by pop stars like Taylor Swift and Hannah Montana.
I have to say I could have not laughed harder watching the girls go through their makeover and take over the microphone, reciting EVERY word to Taylor Swift's latest hits.
That is, of course, 'til it was MY LITTLE girl's turn. Even before her hair and makeup she was already feeling confident taking over the stage in her princess/ballerina outfit...
BUT before I could get too prideful thinking I was doing a good job keeping my daughter sweet and innocent, she went ahead and led the group in LIMBO.

I am still trying to figure out how she instinctively knew what to do the second she saw that horizontal bar. I mean, look at the kids' face above... she looks like was born doing that!
I am still trying to figure out how she instinctively knew what to do the second she saw that horizontal bar. I mean, look at the kids' face above... she looks like was born doing that!
AND here's a group picture. I like that even with all the crazy outfits, hair and makeup you still can't hide those sweet little faces...
p.s. you can magnify the pics to see them better
7 comments:
THAT'S MY NIECE!!! OH, I MISS HER SOOOO MUCH!!! I WANT SO BADLY FOR HER MOMMY TO BRING HER TO VEGAS TO SEE ME!!! WELL, SHE WAS A NATURAL AT THE LIMBO...SO IS HER COUSIN, BRENDAN, HE'S WON COMPETITIONS AT THE SKATING RINK!! AT LEAST IT WASN'T A VERTICAL BAR AND SHE KNEW WHAT TO DO WITH IT...THEN, I'D WORRY!! HAHA!! LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!! MISS YOU OODLES AND OODLES!
Wow, all this at 3. I never knew.
I just got Josh on the bus so came back to read the rest of the post... the twinkle, twinkle! How sweet!!! The limbo, party girl. What a great post/day/party. Lucy is so outgoing.
I was as I read your blog...how funny! And about Limbo, come on, she is half Puerto Rican...it's in her blood! LOL Hugs to my Texan Ladies!
I wouldn't worry too much, D. It's just dress up. Just don't start with the fake hair, nails and teeth and entering her into beauty pageants!!!
Those pics are adorable!
Oh my gosh, could she be ANY cuter??! What a little performer she is....LOVE it!
Post a Comment