"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer."
...and it really made me think about perseverance. I feel like the topic of perseverance has a been a constant one for me this year. Even yesterday as I was praying about something I'm struggling with, I felt the Lord bring to my mind Hebrews 10:36, one of my memory verses from a few months back...
p.s. sorry this whole post is on italics... some days blogger is not my friend.
"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."
What's interesting to me is that I'm not really going through any strenuous circumstances that would justify this urge to persevere. It's been the regular day to day things, small things compared to what others are going through but nevertheless important to me like continuing to breastfeed, improving my running, fighting the urge to be lazy when it comes to my housework and making meals for my family every day, fighting the tendency to take the easy way out of opportunities to discipline and teach Lucy, persevering in my effort to keep a positive attitude when I wake up and it feels like I can not change another diaper or wipe another 3-year old bottom, persevering as I fight the urge to mess around in the computer when I could be using my time for something more productive, persevering in fighting the temptation to spend money I shouldn't. You know, the little things that make up life.
What are you guys working to persevere through these days? I appreciate you sharing, it inspires me!
What are you guys working to persevere through these days? I appreciate you sharing, it inspires me!
p.s. sorry this whole post is on italics... some days blogger is not my friend.
4 comments:
Interestingly, your day to day things sound remarkably similar to my own except that Ayden stopped nursing at a year and I don't remember the last time I went on a run :) Keep your eyes fixed on Christ and no doubt your perseverance will pay off! He is faithful and His mercies are new every morning ~ thankfully!!
2009 has been all about perserverence to me!! God willing!
xo
Jennifer (your sis)
Thanks for your honesty Danaly! It's refreshing to hear!! I struggle greatly with the same things as you! (laziness when it comes to cooking and cleaning, trying to keep up running and balancing computer time with quality hubby time)
I also struggle with turning my mind off at night so I can have quiet time. My prayers have felt so forced lately. Thanks for the encouragement!
Great post! I can relate to most of it!!
Post a Comment