Monday, February 1, 2010

A little someone will be turning ONE real soon

I've lost my blogging mojo, sorry!  There is just so much going on around here that at times it seems like it's either "live it" or "blog it"... and "live it" it is, of course!

SO, in just 24 days our sweet baby Jenna will be turning ONE.  Yesterday, as the girls were having a water splashing contest during their bath in our bathtub, I couldn't help but remember how she looked the very first time I laid my eyes on her in that very same bathtub.  I can't barely think of it without my heart wanting to burst from the excitement of that day. 

As I started preparing for her party it dawned on me that her birthday is just a few days away from Valentines and considering the abundance of valentine theme decorations out there we decided to make it a LOVE and heart themed party as opposed to the tea party theme I initially had in mind.  Armed with a brand new cricut, Lucy and I have been busy making banners, favors, party hats and all kinds of cute things that will hopefully help make her special day awesome. 

I am super excited about her cake... here's a sneak peak!  Isn't it darling?


I can't wait to see her bury her face in it :)

I plan on writing a detailed post about what she's been up to since my last update (when she turned 9 months) but for now I'll share that she started walking a few weeks back and is now a walking machine!  Her favorite activity is pushing her sister's truck (with sister in it).  She still crawls when she's in a hurry to get somewhere but her walking gets better and better every day.  We haven't gotten the video camera out in a few months so you'll have to look at pictures and use your imagination :)


I'm trying to psyche myself up to finish writing her birth story.  I wrote part 1 and 2 but never finished it and if I have a feeling if it doesn't get done before her birthday it might never happen.  SO, come back in the next few weeks to read that as well as to see pictures of her birthday.

Let the February Fun begin!!

A few more pictures... Enjoy!

IN MOTION!  Playing Horsey...
She's got a thing with her sister's toes... It's so funny!

2 comments:

Ivonne said...

I was just thinking about this the other day. I was like "isn't Jenna going to be one soon??". What a blessing. I am so happy to be able to witness (through pics) how much she has grown. Just adorable. Big hugs! Ivonne PS. Last week, on my b-day, Elizabeth was wean completely from breast feeding (exactly at 14 months) not bad :-) love ya!

Kim said...

looking forward to birthday pics! I can't believe she is walking already! Faithy is taking her time :)