Wednesday, April 5, 2006

7 1/2 months - Doctor's Appointment

I had a Doctor's appointment yesterday and I met the other Dr. in the practice that could be on call during my labor. He was really nice and told us everything looked good. Lucy already has her head down pointing towards the birth canal. There's a chance she can move but it's a good sign that she knows she needs to be in that position.

I passed my glucose test which means no gestational diabetes for me, yay! Blood pressure is fine, 3 pound weight gain since last appointment a month ago (16 pounds total now), my uterus is measuring on target, nothing eventful except for the RH- thing. I was supposed to get a shot of Rogham yesterday but it was unsure from my blood tests whether my body has already created antiobodies against blood that is not B- so I had to go get more blood tests. If there are antibodies in my blood then there's no use in giving me the Rogham, they just need to monitor me closely to make sure my blood doesn't mix with the babies blood at any point. This is a concern because most likely Lucy's blood type is not negative since Jim's is positive. If her blood type is indeed positive then my body will treat her as a virus should her blood mix with mine.

That little issue has been bothering me all through my pregnancy but the Doctor's don't seem concerned. They seem to think there's very little chance it will present a problem, so I am trusting them. We'll see what happens... Keep us in your prayers!

Dena and Rohini are throwing a baby shower for me and Lucy this Saturday. I am so very excited!! I will post pictures on Sunday so everyone can see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Dana!!
wow... even though I have seen you throughout your pregnancy, I cannot believe it's already 7.5 months!!! I am so excited!!!

I can't wait for tomorrow... we are going to have so much fun!!