Wednesday, May 3, 2006

My new life at home

You guys crack me up! I've gotten quite a few phone calls asking how I'm adjusting to my new unemployed life so I thought I'd share...

I knew I wasn't going to be sitting around watching TV. I had a plan and lists of things to do but I had no idea I was going to be so busy all of a sudden. It's all self-inflicted of course but regardless it's been a long time since I've gone 9 hours without sitting down (literally)!!! I think when one is working a lot of things around the house just have to be let go. My house was always pretty organized and clean when I was working but it wasn't rear to find 5 or 6 loads of laundry that needed washing, calls to be returned for weeks, correspondance to open and saddest of all an empty refrigerator. Those chores were never at the top of my list 'cause my off time was to recharge and get ready for the next work week. I spent many of my weekends rewarding myself (by being lazy) for the out-of-the-home work I did during the week.

Now that there's no "real work" tying me down, I don't feel like I need to spend my off time rewarding myself and resting so I've been getting myself caught up on a lot of things that were neglected for months. I've also started cooking healthy meals for dinner every night, walking more regularly, returning phone calls to family members I don't speak to that often. All things I should have been doing all along... even with a job.

SO, I'm half way done doing the baby laundry, still need to finish painting one of the walls in the nursery, need to get our infant car seat inspected by the Highway Patrol, need to finish cooking some casseroles for my friend who is having a baby this week (hopefully) and more things along those lines. It feels good to have the time to be doing all these things that I enjoy but never had time to do.

I've been going to bed completely exhausted and fall deeply asleep within a minute of getting there. It's been a while since that has happened especially with all the pregnancy discomforts.

This weekend we have friends coming into town so it will be fun to enjoy the weather and hang out. Friday will probably be my first day taking it easy and being lazy. Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bring on the casseroles!!! YUMMM. And where are my muffins? 40 weeks and 2 days... and no sign of him yet... Kim