Friday, June 30, 2006

12 Day Update

Well, it's been almost 2 weeks and things are slowly calming down. We are getting used to Lucy and her personality. It's still difficult to get used to having a newborn baby at home but I can see how eventually it will get a lot easier. It's a little better every day.

I think we have a "spirited" baby in our hands. She really knows what she wants and lets you know it. Her cries are getting a bit louder, I think she discovered her voice. She's also got the cutest facial expressions. We don't get tired of looking at her and I'm starting to think her face will fall off if we keep kissing it so much.

Our two labs are so great with her. They are so curious and love to be around her. We haven't taken any pics with them yet but will do it soon.

We have Lucy's first weigh in on Monday. I never thought I would be so excited to see someone gain weight. She lost 7 ounces after birth and now that my breast milk is in she should be gaining about an ounce or so a day. She already looks a bit bigger so I'm thinking the weigh in will go well.

Ok, that's all I have time for Today. I'll check back in on Monday after the Dr.'s apt.

No comments: