Sunday, July 2, 2006

1st Bath

Well, the umbilical cord fell off and we gave Lucy her first bath but she didn't have too much fun during it. She did like getting in her warm jammies though.

Still having some problems with her sleep and eat habits but we are trying to figure it out. Tomorrow is the appointment with her pediatrician and the lactation consultant so hopefully we'll get some good advice from them. She nurses well all day but in the afternoon gets fussy and seems to only want to be at the breast. It's the only thing that will calm her. I've learned that milk supply is at its lowest in the evening so that might have to do something with it. I've been pumping in the middle of the night (when milk supply is at its high) and we give her a bottle on top of what she gets from the breast in the evenings. It's such a game of trial and error, we'll see how it goes. I'll keep you posted.


No comments: