Thursday, June 1, 2006

Hello

It's been more than a week since my last post, sorry! There's just nothing really exciting going on. I'm down to 3 weeks or so before my due date and things are getting uncomfortable but bearable. I went to the chiropractor last Wednesday and he worked his magic on my spine and since then my back has been feeling a lot better. I'm hoping to go again this week and every week until the baby comes.

I measured my belly yesterday and it's 40" round. I can't remember what it was last time I measured, I have it written somewhere. Growth hasn't been as fast as I've read it would be during these last few weeks. I expected to see a lot of changes.

I'm still walking as many days as I can and staying active cleaning my house and working on little projects here and there. My Dr. appointments are every Tuesday now and they are pretty short since everything seems to be fine. I did find out that I am Strep B positive (or GBS+) which means my body carries an infection for which I need antibiotics once labor starts. Shouldn't be a big deal but I need to get to the hospital on time to get two dosages of this medication and there's a 4 hour waiting period in between dosages so I need to be there at least 5 hours before I have the urge to push. I'm a first timer so most likely I will not have one of those super quick labors but there's always that chance so I've been praying that doesn't happen. If the baby comes out before I get the antibiotics there could be some problems but I don't want to cross that bridge yet. We plan on doing everything we can to get there on time.

Here's a picture Jim took yesterday. I cropped my head off 'cause it was in the morning and I had horrible bed hair. No need to see that...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Lucy to be here!! I'll be praying for you that everything goes well. I feel like you have been pregnant forever!! :)

Hugs!!
Rohini

Anonymous said...

Dear Lucy-Goosey,

Take your time coming out. We want thought antibiotics to kick in so that both mother and baby will be safe. I can't wait to meet you!
Love,
Auntie Nadine

Danaly said...

Yes, Ro, I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER too! I'm glad I'm at the end of it.

Nerd, thanks for the good wishes! We'll be calling you guys soon after she makes her debut so keep your cell phones close to your bed ;)

Anonymous said...

Your belly is so cute! You are gonna be the best mom:) Tell Lucy I said hi and that when she is ready we can get her on a workout program!!!

The Best Trainer,
Tiffany

Anonymous said...

So excited for you!! My dad and I would go to father daughter dinners - it's a relationship like no other :)

Hope I get to see you before you go into labor! Let me know if you need anything...

Love,
Kim