Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy 2007!!

You know the smell and feel of a brand new notebook when it's cracked opened for the first time? Weird but I consider it a treat, it reminds me of the first day at school, of all things new and fresh. New chances, new adventures! This year I start a new decade in my life, literally, I turn 30 and I couldn't be more excited. I leave my 20s behind with no regrets and with the feeling that I lived it up, I made mistakes, I made good choices, I grew and most exciting of all, I became a Mom.

This year I look forward to big things like celebrating Lucy's first birthday and our 7th wedding anniversary, to being part of our friends Nadine and Greg's wedding, to newborn babies in our street, and to enjoying family trips to Lake Tahoe, Vegas and the Caribbean but also to little things like going on walks with my neighbors and their children, finishing Ruth and starting Esther, learning new recipes, painting pottery, reading, mastering my MAC and much more.

Real Simple magazine interviewed a lady named Dawn Porter for their "real life" segment last month and among other things they asked her what surprises her the most about her life. She answered: "How close it is to my dreams". I know EXACTLY how she feels.

May this year bring you health and happiness,
Danaly

p.s. Stay tuned for videos of Lucy I will be downloading this week!

No comments: