Thursday, June 12, 2008

The countdown begins...

14 days before we are officially TEXANS!  
I'm currently drowning in to-dos but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I wish I was one of those gals who could relax and let the professional packers do their job... wishful thinking.  I've gone through every closet, every drawer and cleaned it out, sold on craigslist what we no longer use and could make us money, gave away half our wardrobes to charity and generated enough garbage for 3 major pickups.   Even begged a WM worker the other day to take some bags that wouldn't fit in our normal bins.  The things you do to get rid of garbage in California...
The moving company came and surveyed our house and informed us we have 17,000 pounds worth of stuff.  Can you believe that?  I was surprised they could give us a weight and 17,000!!! Insane!

Prayers are working so please keep them up!  We found a lovely family to rent our house to  (believe it or not the lady is PuertoRican, what are the odds!) OH, and she's expecting their first little one in January.  My heart wants to explode with joy at the thought of another newborn baby being brought home to the place we brought Lucy from the hospital.  How awesome is that?!!

The closing of our new house is scheduled for the 23rd and things seem to be on track.  Here's a picture of our new place in Lumberton.  Gotta love those big beautiful Texan front lawns! (Let's see how fun it is to mow it ;)


Lucy and I will be flying out while Jim and Duke drive the van the week of the 23rd.  Please pray for travel mercies and a great transition into our new life.  

That's our update for the week!  Have a good one!

p.s.  Don't shy away from leaving me "comments"... My heart does a little somersault every time I see a new comment.  Why deny me that pleasure? :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

17000 lbs! Oh my, I don't even want to think about how many pounds we have here! :) leslie

jem's mom said...

great to hear the update! Send more pics. We love to see the Paynes!

-your fellow Texan

Anonymous said...

Sis...I had no clue you were moving?!? I will be praying for you guys. Hugs! PS. Love the TX home!

Kim said...

just to give you a somersault :)

. said...

I want to know how the heck they came up with 17000lbs. That is unreal. We have to get the girls together one last time before you leave.

Anonymous said...

Hi Danaly!
It's Jen's friend, Amy Garcia! I just wanted to send well wishes for your move to Texas! Being a Texas girl, I can attest to that Texan pride and it runs deep. I know you will have many great memories of Lucy growing up there...God Bless!