Things at home are good. We are settled, the house is completely done minus the garage which is getting worked on as I type. We are back in routine with Lucy eating and sleeping as normal. We have joined a few playgroups and have enrolled in MOPS and BSF starting when school starts. We've met and gotten together with the neighbors. We live in a neighborhood jammed packed of teenage babysitters and I've been diligently trying them out while I go to doctor appointments and such but last night we actually hired one to have fun. Jim and I went on a date, had a yummy dinner and went to see Mamma Mia. Jim says I tricked him into watching that as he was under the impression we were going to see something else. He won't admit but I think he liked it ;) All the music and singing put me on such a good mood!!
The adjustment period is no over, there are ups and downs. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed with excitement over living here and some other days I am desperately missing California and my friends there. I guess that's normal with any major life change.
What else... I'm going on my first girl's weekend since the move. Girlfriend Gina and I are spending the night in Houston followed by a day of shopping to use our Gap Friends & Family discount (thank you Ro!). Can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to that!!
Last but not least... and this will not come as a surprise to most of you since we are not the kind to keep these kind of things secret.... We are baking Baby #2. I'm about two months along and in the midst of all the first trimester fun. You know, the nausea, the fatigue, not to mention a long list of drugs they have me taking to make this pregnancy work including injections into my belly every night. I don't want to sound bitter 'cause I'm really not. I'm thankful and humbled that God's plan included more children for our family. My attitude is so different with this pregnancy. I'm at war with fear and worry. I'm choosing (not always successfully) not to be scared of what will happen. I know that children are a gift from God whether they live 80 days or 80 years and we are loving this baby, praising God for the pregnancy and getting excited, trusting that whatever the outcome turns out to be, we will be protected.
We have had two opportunities now to see our baby and the heartbeat. Everything is looking well and healthy. I am seeing a high risk pregnancy doctor and the good thing about that is that I get a ridiculous amount of care and attention. They plan on doing ultrasounds every month and check ups even more frequently than that. They also plan on a level 2 ultrasound which only a very small percentage of women get to have. It's a really detailed 3-hour deal where they check every organ in detail and run a million tests.
We are thankful for the great medical care and awesome insurance but our trust is not on all the medicines, ultrasounds and tests. We trust that the God that gave us a healthy child (without ANY medicines) regardless of the medical problems I have (and had back then) will do it again. We ask you to join us in prayer for this little life and thank all those who have been praying from the beginning.
Crud, the pictures are not working... look for them on another post a bit later..
Hooray, blog is updated!!
5 comments:
You are in our prayers always...now we have something specific to pray for. All of our love to you, Jim, Lucy and your precious miracle.
Still missing you like crazy... but glad things are falling into place there :) Yay for date nights!!! I continue to pray for baby Payne and HIS/her family ;)
Still missing you like crazy... but glad things are falling into place there :) Yay for date nights!!! I continue to pray for baby Payne and HIS/her family ;)
Yeah for baby! Everything is going to be awesome, I just know it Danaly :)
I hear you on the ups and downs of living someplace new - I am in the same boat. Together we will make it! XOXO Jenn
Hi Dana! It is so good to hear things are going well. Jose and I are praying for you guys (all 4 of you!!). You know I totally understand your fear since I struggle with the same thing...but it's great to be able to have the Lord carry that load for us. :-) Love you lots! Hugs to Lucy!!
Post a Comment