SO, on the hurricane front, as of this morning we are almost back to normal... we have power, a land line, internet and groceries. The only thing that will remain different for a while is Jim's crazy work schedule. The refinery he works at is right on the coast (in Port Arthur) so they have a long way to go before things are back to normal. I'm already planning a vacation for when he's done!!
I have pictures of the hurricane and things flying, trees down, etc. but I'm ready to put all that behind me and don't want to see them in my blog as a reminder. Jim and I tried to handle the situation the best we could but I tell you, it's so much scarier when you have a child depending on you. The night of the storm I kept trying to think of ways I would save Lucy if there was major flooding and we were stranded on the roof of our house or if we ran out of food and she needed to eat. I think God wires us with some extraordinary protective sense for our children. Ridiculous as it may sound, my plan for feeding her under crisis circumstances was to pray for my body to be able to nurse again so she could have milk. I KNOW, too much TV!!! Not to mention, she would probably look at me like I'm insane if I tried to nurse her at this point in her life.
Unto brighter subjects.... we have an ultrasound next Thursday and we hope to find the gender of our baby then!!!! I'm getting really excited to find out. I thought planning a nursery and buying clothes would be less thrilling the second time but NOPE... I can not wait! It might just be the "planner" in me. I bet normal people don't loose sleep over a nursery theme. :)
Allrighty, that's all I got!! Pictures of my belly coming up soon.
3 comments:
Chris found my preparations to be "very entertaining" to say the least. Survival stories!
-Katie
Dana! So glad to hear from you and to know that things are getting back to normal. Kim did a great job at keeping everyone update...but I am glad your back
:-) Can't wait to know what gender the baby is!! love you lots! Ivonne
Hi Dana!! Agreed, glad to hear from you and know most things are back to normal. Hopefully Jim won't have to work those crazy hours for too long!! Can't wait to hear about baby#2!!
Post a Comment