Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Mexico Trip

We went to NM to be part of Jim's grandfather's 80th birthday celebration with the rest of his family and it was so much fun.  His grandparents live near Chama, New Mexico up in the mountains in the midst of some unreal scenery.  It was so relaxing to be up there, so peaceful. The actual birthday celebration was great and I think Grandpa had a great time with his friends and family, about 30 people all together.

Jim went fishing with the men in the family and Lucy played with cousins she had never met while I relaxed, ate and took in the unbelievable sites and wildlife.  I went on an early morning walk/hike with Grandpa one day.  It was such a nice time listening to his stories and anecdotes and trying to figure if the tracks we were looking at were mountain lions or something else... yikes!  I was completely out of breath and exhausted by the end of the walk.  I'm blaming it on the altitude... ;)

I'm waiting for some pictures from other family members but here are a few I took with my camera.  Enjoy!

View from their lower back deck...


Lucy and Joshua playing with dirt...

Birthday boy!


Lucy followed cousin Rachel like a puppy...


and here's a picture of my belly at 14 weeks...


No comments: