Thursday, November 13, 2008

7 X 7

7 x 7 is the name of the prayer challenge some of us are doing.  If you click on the button on the right column that has a little girl praying, it will take you to Angie's website with a good explanation of what the challenge is about.  Anyway, I told you guys I would share my 7 prayers for Lucy and here they are... I printed them, put them on big notecards and placed them in areas of the house where she is when she is sleeping, bathing, eating, etc.  
So far, it's been good.  I've prayed for her WAY more than I do without those notecards to remind me.  I pray out loud with my hand on her whenever possible and she just jumps and giggles. She probably doesn't get it now but I would love for her to grow up knowing that her Mom always prayed for her.  I think it's such an awesome way to empower kids and make them feel like they are worth the time.

When she wakes up: Let the morning bring Lucy word of your unfailing love, teach her that in You she is to  put her trust.  Show her the way she should go and how to You she is to lift up her soul. (inspired by Psalm 143:8)


When she is getting dressed: Therefore, as God's chosen child, holy and dearly loved,clothe yourself with  compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Lord, help her bear withothers and forgive whatever  grievances she has against others.  Help her forgive as the Lord forgives  her.  And over all these virtues, help  her put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."  (inspired by Colossians 3:12-14)


While she is eating: Teach Lucy the secret of being content in any and everysituation whether well-fed  or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  Teach her that she can doeverything through You who gives  her strength. (inspired by Philippians 4:12-13)


When she goes out of the house: Lucy, do not conform to the pattern of this world, but betransformed  by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing  and perfect will. (inspired by Romans 12:2)


While she is taking a bath: Lord, give Lucy  clean hands and a pure heart, and let her not lift hersoul to an  idol or swear by what is false. Let her receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God her Savior.  Let  her be part of the generation of those who seek You. (inspired by Psalm 24:4-6)


When she is going to bed:  Lucy, the Lord Your God is with you; He is mighty to save.  He will take great  delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing. (inspired by  Zephaniah 3:17)


While she is sleeping:  I pray Lucy will learn to go to You when she is weary and carrying a heavy burden,  for You will give her rest. May she take Your yoke upon her and lean on You, for You will findrest for her soul  (inspired by Matthew 11:28-29)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Praise the Lord!!