Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Clue, A Clue!!

Lucy is really into Blues Clues at the moment... probably just as much as she's been into Curious George for the last year.  It's an obsession!  Those of you familiar with the character know that it's kind of a detective game where the clues are represented by a blue doggie paw.  Well, everywhere we go she's on the lookout for a clue.  It's so funny but sad at the same time because you don't really see dog paws out and about so she never gets the satisfaction of finding one.   The other day we went to Barnes & Nobles to play and as we were going in she spotted "A clue, a clue!!!!" and made me turn around so she could touch the dog paw sticker on the rear window of a car parked there.  It was so cute!  I've never seen a kid so happy before.  Since then every time we go to B&N she wants to walk up and down the row of cars in the parking lot to see if the car with the clue is there.  Not so fun...

Anyway, yesterday she was at Mother's Day Out in the morning (more on that later) and I thought I'd print out clues from the NickJr. website, cut them and hide them around the house for her to find after school.  I think I hid about 30 clues total.  I was so excited for her to get home!  You guys should have seen her little face when she stumbled across the first clue.  She started stuttering, she couldn't even get the words out...  "A a a a a a cl cl cl, A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!".  I think those were the best 30 seconds I've had in a long time.  She spent the next 2+ hours looking for clues.  I thought she was going to loose her voice from all the squealing and giggling.  It was awesome! Being a parent is SO MUCH FUN!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is so cute!!

Kim said...

BEST. MOM. EVER.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing EVER!

jem's mom said...

What fun. Being a mom is the best job in the whole world. We are so blessed to be home with our kids.

It sounds like you had a blast. What a great mommy moment, thanks for sharing!!

Can't wait for updates on Mother's Day Out (and belly pics).