Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's almost over y'all!!

Yes, I am allowed to say Y'all now that I live in Texas ;)
I just noticed the date and it really caught me by surprise.  This year is almost over.  I'm really excited because I think I managed to do something that I've never done before... ready... I stock to one new year resolution!!  It's big too!!  I am going to tell you about it even though it's a little embarrassing... maybe someone out there can relate.  

I HAVE NOT BOUGHT, READ OR LOOKED AT A GOSSIP MAGAZINE (US, PEOPLE, ETC.) OR A GOSSIP SHOW (ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT type) since the end of last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There you have it.  I have no idea who is marrying who, who is having babies, who split up.   AND it's so freakin' refreshing I can not even tell you.  I wouldn't have called it an addiction as I didn't crave it but I certainly used to make a point to take a look at almost every issue of those magazines, would spend my time at the line in the grocery store reading the headlines and considered it a TREAT to buy an issue and devour it within an hour.  

BTW, no judgement here to those who enjoy this.   I just felt a personal conviction and needed to stop.  I hate to think that my brain can only hold so many thoughts per day but in my case I think that's true and I am making it a point to make those thoughts count... nice, encouraging, pure things.  No junk for this little brain... well, that's the goal.  Not fully there yet but trying.

Happy December my friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay that's huge!!! I too, have tried to monitor my celebrity gossip intake- but not as successfully as you. I like to look at the pretty outfits in the online slideshows too much. ... Keep it up! :)
leslie