Monday, January 19, 2009

I love it when...

the weather forecast for the day starts out by saying "Abundant Sunshine!".   That's Today... yay! 

I have some pictures from the last week but those will have to wait to be downloaded.  For now, just wanted to report that my 32nd birthday was simple and great and our weekend filled with movies and friends.  I've been feeling such amazing peace and sense of satisfaction lately. It's really refreshing from my normal overachieving, self-inflicted hectic Januarys.   I think I'm slowing down in preparation for this birth and it's nice.  I have to attribute the peace and sense of satisfaction though to having FINALLY found a home church.  It only took us 6 months!!

It's not that we are really picky.  We just wanted to make sure we were where God wanted us. Our new church is Crestwood Baptist. Google it if you must but you will not come up with much. It's a small church (when compared to our previous church) and their website is a little cheesy... hoping to help with that eventually.   It's actually the BIGGEST church in town, so there you go, it's all relative.   We've never belonged to a Baptist church before but it really hasn't been that much of an adjustment.  Some minor minor differences not even worth mentioning.  They love Jesus and OH MY GOSH do they love one another!!  That is probably the most evident thing in this church.  The church body truly cares for each other.  I think that comes with the whole being a Texan thing as well but WOW, the greet/say hi to your neighbor part of service at the beginning lasts at least 20 minutes, I kid you not!!  It's like a party before worship starts.  It was freaking us out a bit initially but now we are all about it.  Oh, and God forbid something bad happens to you... guaranteed this people will do anything they can to help you out.  It's fantastic!  I get asked when my due date is and what my address is all the time by little old ladies that I know will be dropping off casseroles left and right... you see their sweet little brains working, it's awesome!

One of my favorite things about this church is that they feed their congregation EVERY Wednesday.  It's a fellowship thing, you go, you eat, you chat, kids stay for AWANA.  This coming Wednesday is bacon cheeseburgers, fries and cookies so you know I'll be there with bells on.  It's great not to have to cook Wednesday nights and they don't even take an offering or anything.  I do plan on volunteering to help out with food preparation once I'm settled with the 2 kids but that's not even expected.  They have an army of ladies taking care of it back there... very sweet.  

Another thing I like is that kids join the congregation for worship and offering before they go to their kids church.  The service after Christmas, oh it was so SWEET to watch the little ones jumping up and down on their seats anxiously awaiting the offering basket to get to them so they could tithe on their Christmas money.  As they put their money down, you could see smiles from ear to ear and you could tell they just got such a thrill out of giving that money away.  Tears running down my cheeks as I watched, of course...

So, that's that... I think from here on out it's all downhill, like we've just found our wedding dress ;)

It's amazing how finding a great church affects so much how you like the place you live in.  I feel blessed as this was a big prayer request and God graciously provided.

Happy Monday my friends!

3 comments:

jem's mom said...

I look forward to your blog updates, great to hear from you. And so glad you found a church.

Peeveme said...

So glad you found a church. MMMM Cheeseburgers. Now I don't want to eat my lunch (soup) Need fries.

Anonymous said...

It's such a blessing to find the church that God has for you. love you guys!