Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend Ramblings

Decided to skip church and stay home today, then went out on a walk and got SOAKED by a sudden storm that hit the area... I had to laugh! Was someone trying to tell me something?  It was nice though... long time since I walked in the rain.

Anyway, pretty laid back weekend here at the Paynes.  Jim and I have spent most of the day doing what we do best, talking about food.  We do our meal planning Sundays afternoon then one of us goes to the store to retrieve the groceries (his turn today, he he :).  

I've been sending him to work with left overs for lunch for a few months now to save money and while he likes what I cook I know it gets tiresome at times so on Sundays he makes something different from my regular rotation and at least there are exciting leftovers on Mondays.  Chicken Picatta is what's for dinner tonight and I'm looking forward to it.  My excitement about food doesn't come as a surprise to anyone in this household as it seems that while I'm nursing I become unable to stop eating.  It's OUT OF CONTROL!!  I don't want to hear any of that "you are burning it, blah, blah, blah" 'cause there is no way I am burning the massive amounts of food I am eating and there is evidence of that on the scale.  Seriously, not good!!  Kim told me her hunger subsided after 2 to 3 months so I am praying that's the case with me as well because I am eating us out of the house and it needs to stop! 

On a separate subject, Jim and Lucy have just started fishing together.  She's got the cutest pink fishing rod and as we speak Jim is going "Reel it up Lulu, reel it up!!".  Mind you, they are having this lesson in the middle of the living room since last time they went out to a body of water things didn't go as planned.  It's all about baby steps.  Jim is determined though... His daughters will be fishing-women when he is done with them, he says.  Our digital camera broke but we here's a short little video for your viewing pleasure.



To conclude, I will leave you with the last picture our camera took before it perished.  It's a picture of Lucy's hair after I brushed it following her shower last night.  I can not believe how long her hair is.  She hasn't gotten a real haircut yet.  I've trimmed her ends a few times but that doesn't count, does it?  Moms of girls: when you think it's appropriate timing to take her to get a real haircut and style?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ella is getting her first trim this Friday... I don't think it's ever too early to get their hair cut so long as she doesn't get too upset while doing it, and you go to someone who is not going to do anything drastic. :) L