Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The "Princess" Gene

If there's something most people know about me is that I am a pretty plain, no frills kinda girl.  I have tried to do the trendy/cutesy thing but if it's not comfortable it doesn't stick.  I have great admiration for the ladies who can pull it off, I'm just not one of them.  I did, however, marry into a family of girlie girls so I've prepared myself for the possibility that my offspring would inherit the "princess" gene... and a good thing I did 'cause by the looks of it my firstborn is ALL ABOUT THE FRILLS.

She quickly overcame the dislike for getting her hair brushed (that was so last spring!) and now provides a detailed explanation of how she wants her hair arranged.  We are talking number of pony tails, exact location of where the pony tail is to be located on her head, color of accessories and it goes on...  I've had to be a quick study, watching and learning from the Oh-so-crafty and girlier Texas Mommas out here.

Here's how Texas girls do ribbons.... different widths and textures, at least 4 or 5 piled on top of each other, hot glued and tied into a pony tail for easy application. 
Here's Ms. Lucy swaying her head from side to side so she could feel her ribbons "dancing" around her face.

Half way through the day she decided two pony tails would no longer do and that she needed a bun on top.  We were bored so I indulged her...

 and how can I not when she gives me these cute little looks...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this is kim - you are doing a great job adapting to the girly girl stuff! Nice bun!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! We'll make you into a girly girl yet!

Ivonne Droz said...

Que bella!! Me la como a besos!