You are 14 months old and cute as ever. You have a very unique personality and way about you and with it you have carved yourself a special place in our family. I don't know why I continue to be surprised that you are so different from your sister. I know at some point I need to stop comparing you guys. I promise I don't do it in a bad way. You are both the lights of my life.
Let me bullet point so I don't feel guilty about the randomness of what I'm about to write...
- You are average size. You used to be big but once you started crawling and walking you dropped down to about the 50% percentile in weight. 75% in height.
- You are in size 4 diapers and 12 to 18 month clothes and I expect you'll be on those sizes for a while.
- You've been walking well since you turned 12 months but you took steps months before that. These days you run everywhere.
- You are still nursing but you also drink milk, juice and water from sippy cups. You are not the greatest eater... no baby food for you. You do like pizza, grilled cheese, peanut butter and most fruits.
- You love to play peekaboo. You squat down to hide yourself and then pop yourself up like a jack in the box. It's hilarious! You also enjoy dancing to the kids songs on my iphone an climbing/sliding off furniture. More than anything you enjoy doing whatever your sister is doing and chasing her around like a puppy.
- You have 8 teeth and a molar that just cut through. It seems you have gotten at least one tooth per month for the last couple of months. Your teeth are big and beautiful...your Daddy's teeth. Hopefully you'll skip orthodontics just like he did.
- You go to bed at 6pm or shortly after and wake up at 6am or shortly after. You still wake up 3 times within those 12 hours.... around 10pm, then around 2 or 3am and then around 5am. I go into your room and nurse you when you wake up. I've grown used to it and don't really mind it but I do look forward to a time when you sleep through the night.
- You just started pointing your finger at things and it's so cute.
- You say Mama, Dada, Doggie, Poopoo, Hi and I think I've caught you say Lucy a few times but I'm not sure.
- You smile, giggle and laugh tons but in general you are a pretty serious baby. It's one of the things that makes you you and we love it.
- You have straight hair which is wild considering how curly mine is. It's growing a bit like a mullet but not too bad. We might have to give you a haircut soon ;)
- You look like your Daddy and everywhere we go people tell you so. I count it a blessing that you look like him. It warms my heart to look at you and see him in your face and your expressions.
- You are very agile. You can climb, slide and get into and out of almost anything.
- You know what "kiss" means and you give them freely on the mouth whenever asked for one.
- You are obsessed with belly buttons, Mommy, yours and Lucy's especially.
- You pull your sister's hair tons and we need to constantly tell you not to do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment