Friday, June 4, 2010

Pregnancy Update - 9 weeks

Hi Sweet Girls,

You will notice there is a lack of pictures taken during this last month.  I can't seem to keep it together during the first trimester of a pregnancy and I suppose that's completely expected and Ok.  I have had some nausea and fatigue but nothing near how I felt with the two of you.  It is much milder and that leads me to believe it might a little brother you are getting.  We'll see.... It would made Daddy happy to have another one of his kind :) around the house but I know we'll all be thrilled with whatever the Lord chose for us.

I'm 9 weeks right now so 3 more weeks and I'm out of the first trimester, hooray!  Just in time for the hottest months of summer here in Texas.  Thank God because nausea, heat and humidity just don't go together in my book.

Daddy has been a sweetie like he always is and lets me rest once he gets home from work.  I honestly don't know what I would do without his help.  As I think about him and the awesome man that he is I can't help but pray for your husbands.  I started doing that a while back.  I pray for their families, their salvation, the friends that will help shape who they are.  I pray they become the kind of men that will lead and provide for your families in the way God wants them to.  Praying for them causes me to think as well of how I am raising you and the things I can teach you now so you will be blessings to them as well.

Well, this post was supposed to be a pregnancy update so back to that... We went to see Jackie (our midwife) last Friday and she was so thrilled to see us.  She nearly jumped up and down with excitement for another Payne baby.  I tell you, it's such a different experience than when going through a regular Doctor and hospital.  You don't feel like a number, like just another pregnant lady in a waiting room of dozens.  It's super personal and filled with love.  I wish every women could experience it this way.  We couldn't hear the baby's heartbeat because it was too early but she took a blood sample and told me she would try to stop by the house this week to check for the heartbeat again and let me know how the numbers came back on the blood tests.   She called yesterday and said everything was normal and healthy with the blood so now I am just waiting for that glorious moment when we get to hear that little heart beating.  It's becoming real... a Mommy to three little souls, how did I get so lucky?

No comments: