Sunday, July 4, 2010

Jenna's Sleep, End of First Trimester, Summer Things

It's the fourth of July weekend and I can not believe June is over.  Thank God for it though!  June was a very full of month and first trimesters of pregnancy don't go well with tons of to-do's.  The good news is that all that was going during the month took my mind off the uncomfortable early pregnancy symptoms and now I'm almost on the clear, enjoying having 13 weeks under my belt and looking forward to the "blissful" second trimester.

Some notable things from the last few months... Jenna started sleeping through the night.  Can I hear a Hallelujah??!!! I never thought this day would come.  She goes to bed at 6pm sharp and sleeps til 5am when she nurses and then goes back down 'til 6:30am or so.  She's also down to one nap in the middle of the day from about 11:30am to 1 or 1:30pm.  This is all a huge improvement from even a few weeks back.  I prayed for this without ceasing and I am so thankful my prayer was answered.  Next big item on my prayer list regarding her is being able to wean her before new baby comes.  Bless her heart, she is so attached and enjoys her nursing time so very much.  I know it's been pure grace that has allowed me to nurse her this long.  Funny how I prayed so hard to be able to nurse her but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would nurse this long.


On a separate note, my sweet Lulu turned 4 in June and we celebrated with an under the sea splash adventure.  The Waltenburgs were here visiting at the time which made it extra special.  She got a princess bike from Granny and Gramps and has been learning how to ride it.  It's exciting to see her get into that. She's grown into such a beautiful, sweet and smart little girl, it's amazing!  She blesses us big time.



These next few months could be challenging as Jim is scheduled to work long hours for a special project.  I have a few fun things planned for the girls but it will still be hard not having Jim around as much as normal.   More to say but better end here for now.  Until next time ;)  Danaly

No comments: