Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jenna - 18 month Update


Jenna:
  • You are 18 months now!  You have an incredible personality, so very different from anyone else in our family.  You are sweet but spicy, quiet but determined, stubborn but considerate.  You are a gorgeous paradox of sorts. 
  • We skipped your 15 month well-baby check up and so far haven't scheduled your 18 month so we have no idea how much you weigh or how tall you are but I would say middle of the road... like 50 or 60% percentile.  You wear a size 4 diaper and 18 to 24 month clothes.
  • You are at that really good eating stage (hopefully not a stage).  You will eat anything I prepare for supper.  Your favorite foods are cheese, fruit, pasta, rice, chocolate and candy.  You have a sweet tooth like no other but still enjoy the savory foods.  You are still nursing but not as often. Sometimes you don't ask for it all day and other days you want to nurse every 3 hours... it's strange but I see the end coming.  As much as I've whined and complained about the length of our nursing relationship, I know I will miss it.  You are such a cuddly baby!
  • You sleep from 6pm to 6am and take a 2 hour nap from Noon to 2pm.  It took you a while but I can't complaint now.  You are an awesome sleeper! 
  • We think you claimed that other Nordstrom white blanket as your official blankey.  It's the same one as the one your sister still totes around to this day... in shreds and all.  You also like to cuddle under other blankets. Sometimes you are in the middle of nursing and will pause to grab the blanket near by and throw it over yourself.  It's super cute!
  • You are rough with your sister.  You love her and follow it around but are experimenting with boundaries.  You make her cry by pulling her hair or hitting her almost daily.  I've had to put you on time out a few times already.
  • You love to color and you are very obviously a LEFTY.  If I hand you a crayon to your right hand you will pass it to your left before you start coloring.  I  wonder if that will stick.
  • You have very straight hair with a few little curls where the hair hits your shoulders but I don't think those will stay around after your first haircut. 
  • You give the BEST hugs!  and your kisses are to die for. 
  • You miss your Dad when he works late.  You go through every room in the house yelling/asking "DAD!!!?".  So sweet.
  • Your Dad started calling you JenJen.  I'm not sure I like it but he's just going with it so I better get used to it.  Other than that your nicknames are Jenna Poo and Jenna Bobena ;)
  • You love to play outside.  I just have to say the word "out" and you are sprinting to the door.  I take you out to the front yard first thing after you wake up (6am) so it's cool and at times still dark and you enjoy that time greatly.
  • You 'll be loosing your status of "baby of the house" soon and I honestly don't know how you are going to make that transition but I have learned not to underestimate you.  You have never ceased to surprise us with the way you do things... so differently from your sister. 
  • I love you so much sweetheart.  My life is different and better because of you.  I am so proud to be your Mom.

No comments: