Monday, July 11, 2011

about Jenna at 2 years 3 months

As I start this post you (Jenna) are sitting next to me on the bed.  You are wrapped in a large beach towel after having gotten soaked in a game of water squirting outside with your sister.  You are 2 going on 20 years old and so much is happening with you right now that I felt I needed to document this little stage with as many memories and stories as I can manage to write.

We just got you potty trained about a month ago.  It took us less than a week and it wasn't too stressful.  You are so verbal and can understand so much that it was just a matter of getting you to get used to the feeling of controlling your vowels until you got to the potty.  Once it clicked, you were good to go!  It's funny to see you in panties because you are so tiny that even the smallest panties they make are still big on you.

You are incredibly agile.   You climb up to tall stools, in and out of your brother's crib, up to the highest cubbie where we store toys... you get yourself anywhere you want to go.

You have awesome manners for a 2 year old.  You say please, thank you, you welcome, yes ma'am, bless you.  You understand everything we say...

You have been learning songs and can sing tons of them.  You also love to dance with your sissie.   At the moment your favorite CD is the soundtrack for this summer's VBS.  It has the song "Beautiful One" and you and Lucy just go wild performing for me.  It's the funnest thing!

Some of the cute things you say:

"I'm the baby"
"Bless you Daddy" (after Daddy sneezes)
"You welcome"
"Come see"
"I did it!"
“It’s coming”
“She’s crying?”
“Not nice!”
“Hold on, Michael!”
“Alright!”
“No, thank you”
“Yes, Ma’am”
“He’s mine” - referring to your brother when you are holding him.
“Tootsie Roll!” - sounds like “Tortilla” when you are asking and you ask A LOT
“Why?”
“Where’s Sisie?”
“It fits!” - when trying on shoes that are way too big for you in hopes we’ll let you wear them

You know how to:
Turn on the music on your princess CD player
Bring your plate back to the kitchen when done eating.
Bless your food
Cut paper with kid sissors
Use glue, crayons, markers

You are an eater.  You love lettuce, tomato, broccoli and lots of other veggies.  You'll try most things. You've taken to drinking tons of milk like Lucy and you like it with chocolate Ovaltine.

You are a great sleeper.  You go to bed at 7pm and wake up at 6am most days without making a peep at night.  You and Lucy share a princess castle bunk bed.  You sleep in the bottom bunk.  In the mornings you wake up first and I hear you through the monitor saying "Lucy, I woke up!  C'mmon, get down".  It's hilarious.  Poor Lucy doesn't get to sleep in.

You love being around Lucy.  You two are together most of the time but from time to time we drop her off at dance or swim class and you miss her terribly during that hour or two.  Good thing we are homeschooling 'cause you would be so sad without Lulu during the day.  You copy everything she says.  The newest thing is to come and ask me "Momma, can I tell you something?".  It drives me a little nutty that you both will ask me that constantly instead of just coming out and saying what you need to ask.  "Mom, can I ask you something?    Can I have some milk?".  Kills me! ;)

That's all I can think of right now.  More soon, hopefully.

No comments: